بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
Statement of Hizb ut Tahrir / Ukraine Regarding the Recent Developments in Crimea
On the 27th of February, state government buildings were stormed by unknown gunmen. Russian troops are walking freely across the peninsula and reports are continuously arriving of the occupation of military and civilian headquarters alike. On February 28, a member of the Ukrainian Parliament Gen. Gennadiy Mascal said that Hizb ut Tahrir, directed and backed by Russia intends to carry out military attacks to create Russia's justification for the occupation of the Crimea. The head of the Milli Firka movement Wasfi Abdul Rahimov said that Hizb ut Tahrir took part in the clashes that occurred on the February 26. The media published a report that the new intelligence chief in the Crimea Peter Zeemi has declared war on the terrorist organization Hizb ut Tahrir which is banned in many countries of the world.
Consequently, Hizb ut Tahrir / Ukraine publicly declare the following:
1. Hizb ut Tahrir is an Islamic political party, it does not undertake material action as its method; it has never used material action throughout the 60 years of its work, as well as during the 20 years of its work in Ukraine. The party is banned in authoritarian criminal dictatorship countries; the task of Hizb ut Tahrir in Ukraine is to culture and educate people about Islam.
2. Hizb ut Tahrir has no association with the conflict for power both in the Crimea and Ukraine, this is why we are not connected to any of the sides; this includes the recent events.
3. The recent events are a provocation by Russia for the new government in Ukraine, where Ukraine became a captive in the hands of three sides of Russia, Europe, and America which care only for their interests, and the lives of people are meaningless to them.
4. The protection of the unity and independence of the state rests with the government and its institutions not the individuals.
5. Defending the lives, honour, and wealth of the people, no doubt that the state has failed to provide, it is the individual's right guaranteed by Shari'ah, custom, mind, and all laws and systems. We hope that we do not reach this stage.
6. We foresee the possibility of provocations taking place, whether they are attacks on the security forces or citizens by unknown assailants, and then falsely blame them on Hizb ut Tahrir to justify the presence of Russia in the Crimea. We categorically deny all of this in advance, and if and when this takes place, we hold those who occupied the Crimea responsible.
H. 1 Jumada I 1435
M. : Sunday, 02 March 2014